Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spotted

A post on the M&J Trimmings blog today reminded me to post a headband I knit awhile back. During the days of oodles of free time, I wanted a unique and fabulous headband ala Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl. I set about searching Ravelry, trying to find a pattern to match what I was picturing, and while I probably added a bunch of other things to my queue that day, I didn’t find exactly what I was looking for. I realized I could just do it myself. I dug up some leftover purple yarn from an afghan I made. I knit some petals, an i-cord long enough to wrap around my head, and sewed beads in the center of my flower. My petals were too pointy, so I tacked them down with the beads, which made for a very three dimensional effect. The yarn is sometimes a little itchy around my neck, but all-in-all I was quite pleased with my creation and have worn it quite a few times. I might even knit a few more variations soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was someone wearing a headband like this on 90210 this week? Silver maybe?

It's very cool, and very Blair Waldorf.

Allie said...

I want one!!!!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com