Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sweet Potatoes

Of course, I still have more pics of Christmas cheer. Here are my favorite holiday coasters, made by crafty Emily! The picture doesn't show the pretty silver thread she used, but it definitely makes them sparkle.


I love my candle holder my dad made from a birch tree. I think that covers all the holiday spirit around here!



Ever since boyfriend and I tried out Father's Office for their delicious burgers and sweet potato fries, I have been craving some more. I took a stab at making my own, and while they were a little mushy, they were really yummy. I put them in the microwave with a little water first before sticking them in the oven, and I think I would eliminate this step next time to hopefully get them a little crunchier. We ate these with some blue cheese dressing, and some good seasonings...mmm!! I had to capture all the matching yellow-ness behind the fries too - dinner was very coordinated with the kitchen that night.



I am finally knitting my LAST Christmas present! There is no way I would be able to knit everything for everybody if I had been working all this time, so I probably won't be as ambitious next year. I'm looking forward to giving everybody a handknit gift!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love your cute coasters! I recently made baked sweet potato fries too. They were delicious. I am going to have to try and make them again.

Ellen Bloom said...

Hopefully, over Xmas vacation, we'll get over to the Culver City Father's Office.

LOVE birch candle holder...very clever and woodsy!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com