Monday, November 17, 2008

Time to Get Movin'

It's time to get serious about blogging, since I took the time to set this up!  


This past weekend boyfriend went to San Fran to visit a friend, so I invited my cousin to come for the day.  We walked over to the LACMA to see the Vanity Fair Portraits exhibit.  I enjoyed the old photos the most, and it was interesting to see how the idea of celebrity has changed so much from Einstein or Stravinsky being the subject of a photo shoot, to today's Brad Pitt or Madonna. After the exhibit we were able to stroll around the outside of the museum to check out the La Brea Tar Pits.  Stinky!  We saw a Saber tooth pelvic bone buried in the tar, just a mile away from my apartment.  

Knitting has been all about little projects these days, mainly for the holidays, with a few 'test runs' of patterns for myself. :)  Once January rolls around, I plan to get pretty serious with some of the sweater patterns that have been burning a hole in my Ravelry queue for quite some time.  It will be hard to post pictures of it all in the next month...I don't want to spoil any Christmas surprises!!  

Some other things keeping me busy, in list form: 
- Making these cookies - YUMMMMMM.  Boyfriend tries to stay away from the sweets, and isn't as big of a fan of pumpkin like me, which means I've had to take care of finishing them off.  Luckily they have stayed moist and delicious since I've made them, so I can take my time. 
- Slowing making my way through Sense and Sensibility...I just re-watched the movie, which has put me in a Jane Austen-y kind of mood
- Concerts, concerts, concerts! Boyfriend loves to find tickets - Mates of State/Santogold/the Ting Tings, Bishop Allen, MGMT/Spoon/Beck, Vampire Weekend, Cold War Kids/Broken Social Scene, and seeing the opera: The Fly - LA definitely gets more names than Madison!!   
- And of course - always on the back of my mind: FINDING a JOB!!  I feel like I am getting closer.  While I'm trying to enjoy the time off, I feel like a bum most days, and hate watching my savings dwindle.  The next career move has to be right around the corner! 

Only eight more days until heading to the snow and cold in Wisconsin.  I can't wait! 

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com