Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Start of my CSA Adventure

My new year’s resolution for 2011 is to join a CSA and eat more veggies! I joined the California CSA, and am one week in. They have the option to pick up weekly or bi-weekly. I picked the bi-weekly option for now, as I get my bearings on how to handle all the new fresh produce in our fridge.

My first pick up included: broccoli, a yellow squash, avocados, carrots, celery, lettuce, spinach, parsley, tangerines, a lemon, and itty bitty beets.

This is what I did this week with my pile of fruits and veggies:

Chicken Pot Pie

Curried Lentil Soup

Roasted Beets

Roasted Broccoli

Avocado Dressing blended with vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper

Grilled Yellow Squash

And of courselots of salads and tangerines :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job!!

Gretchen said...

That sounds exhausting. Very cool though, maybe I'll look into a CSA in Milwaukee.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com