Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Finishing Weekend

I was on call this weekend for work, which meant I couldn't go far from home. It was the perfect excuse to work on finishing some lingering projects.

First up, here's my Ishbel shawl. I have never made a triangular shawl before and I'm not sure I have the patience for 300+ stitches on the needles, but I made the smaller size so luckily I was done as soon as I was about to lose interest. I loooooooooooove how this came out. I can't exactly wear it in the 95 degree heat, but in a few months, or on a cooler night, this will be perfect!




Next, I sewed up a summer tank I was working on. Unfortunately, it is WAY TOO BIG. I'm not really sure what I want to do about it. I kind of suspected that it wasn't going to fit as I went along, but I just kept on going. Shoot. It kind of works, but I fear it might stretch out more, and will just be huge. I like the color, and look of the pattern, so maybe I can take in the sides somehow? It might sit on the back burner for a bit.



I'm cooking up one more item that's almost finished...you should see it later this week!

3 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

The shawl looks great, Sarah.
I don't know...I kind of like the wheat-color tank. It has a "pinafore" look to it. Maybe all you have to do is shorten the straps if it gets bigger.
Nice work on finishing WIPS!

Unknown said...

Love your shawl!

I can't wait to give that pattern a try,too!

Natalie said...

The Ishbel is tres chic.

The tank is cute. I'm with Ellen maybe you could shorten the straps if is stretches.

Being on call wasn't too bad. You were very productive.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com